It’s such a buzz to be recognised by fellow bloggers when they consider your work nomination worthy for an award. For newbies it’s a fabulous way to meet and greet other bloggers and get yourself known out there in the big wide world of blogging.
I started my blog in July 2015. Around May 2016 I took the very hard decision of becoming an Awards Free blog. The main reason for this was time constraints. I found accepting awards is a bit of a double edged sword in that it is a lot of work. And it’s controversial. There are many divided opinions about their value. (If you want to get some background about the whole Awards thing I go into it in this post – Dragon’s Loyalty Award.)
Having said all that, I wanted to find a way of being able to accept and acknowledge nominations with a heartfelt ‘Thankyou!’ in my own way. And at the same time pay it forward with a link to the blogger from whom the awards originated. This is it.
In April 2017 I also commenced a monthly Soul Gifting tribute as a way of thanking people who find their way to my blog.
SINCE BECOMING AWARDS FREE around May 2016
I am delighted to akcnowledge and thank the following bloggers for their thoughtfulness and kindness in nominating me for awards. Please go and take a look at their blogs. You won’t be disappointed.
- Nicole Martin from A Story to Tell – Liebster Award
- Gretchen from gm1123 – Entertainer Blogger Award
- Deborah Gonzales from Never Backwards – Epic Awesomeness Award
- Kelley from kelleysdiy – Lovely Blog Award
- Ipuna Black from Ipuna Black – Blogger Recognition Award
- Judie Sigdel from eclecticspirituality – Mystery Blogger Award
- Wordart11– Versatile Blogger Award
- DIY’ers Sandie and Kim from ohyestheydid.ca – Liebster Award
- Celestial K from CelestialK1– One Lovely Blog/Versatile Blog
- Raoul from Raoul’s Opinion – Liebster Award
- Kelley from kelleysdiy.com – Blue Sky Award
- Tamara from The Purple Almond – for One Lovely Blog Award, Blogger Recognition Award and Unique Blogger Award
- Phyllis from Covert Novelist for Liebster Award
- tinderellaanna from The Chronicles of a Happy Divorcee for Liebster Award
- Cathi from overthehillontheyellowbrickroad for the Sunshine Award
- Lesley from Contemplations for the Sunshine Award
This section lists the awards I received whilst still actively accepting awards. I have included links to my response posts for anyone who may be interested to see what I had to say. You see, I like to bend the rules. That usually meant a lot more work for me. I did enjoy the creativity involved.
March 25, 2015
I got hit with a double whammy today! Two different bloggers, living in different countries, nominated me for the same thing – the Liebster Award. Many thanks to Gretchen and Nam H Nguyen for their thoughtfulnes
My response post: Double Jeopardy
Dec 12, 2105
Guess what? Nick of Fifty Words Daily nominated Soul Gifts Blog for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
If you are looking to get your head around Awards the first response post addresses some of that and provides links for additional information.
My response posts: Dragon’s Loyalty Award
And because I was feeling particularly creative, can you believe I wrote a SECOND one.
What was I thinking !? : Ode to the Dragon
Feb 24, 2016
Studiotj has nominated me for the Dedicated Blogger Award.
My response post, one that I’m most proud of : My Acceptance Speech
March 5, 2015
Thank you studiotj for nominating me for the RESPECT Award.
My response post : Respect
April 10, 2016
Laura at The View From My Window has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
My response post: Thanks a Million
May 23, 2017
Lisa from Cries from an unkempt garden – for a Real Neat Blogger Award10, 2017