Lady Calen of the Sandbox Challenge fame has posted a series of questions about “getting to know yourself”. Four sets of seven. Being in a whimsical frame of mind, I thought I’d play around a bit with numerology first before answering the questions.
Seven has always been revered and associated with spirituality. There are 7 Jewish holy feast days in the year, 7 branches on the Menorah, 7 Christian virtues, 7 Hindu marriage vows, 7 colors in the rainbow, 7 chakra energy centers, 7 days in a week…
The number seven is all about intuition, mysticism, spirituality, deep contemplation, peace, discernment, knowledge seeking, learning new skills, listening to your own inner-knowing, stepping out of your comfort zone to learn and grow – and a whole heap of other stuff.
I like that. And it certainly fits with the intent and nature of Calen’s challenges.
There is another bit of numerology to delve into as well before we can proceed any further. It involves adding numbers together and then reducing them to a single digit. In this case –
4 x 7 = 28
2+ 8 = 10
1 + 0 = 1
Pythagoras, the ancient Greek philosopher, was the first person to establish that numbers hold vibrational properties. He taught that the entire universe is mathematically precise.
One is about new beginnings. That’s no surprise. It IS the first number after all. Hello, The New Year! What else is One about – creation, independence, uniqueness, motivation, striving forward and progress, instinct and intuition.
Interestingly, I have just finished reading a book called The One. It’s about endings and new beginnings. This is getting interesting.
It seems a good foundation on which to start a period of spelunking into the deep canyons of my psyche.
Let’s look at Lady Calen’s questions – the four serial sevens:
♥ 7 words to describe yourself
- quiet – but I’m present.
- a listener – I’m good at it.
- intuitive – never fails me.
- deep thinker – I like to know the ins and outs of stuff.
- good with words – that’s self-explanatory. I blog.
- great sense of humour – I do. Just read some of my posts.
- home body – Cancer is my sign, so that’s a no brainer.
♥ 7 objects that have meaning for you
- Mum’s opal ring and pendant. Dad went fossicking, found some black opal and had it cut, polished and set for a 40th wedding anniversary gift. They are now mine.
- Treasures my kids made and gifted us over the years.
- Do roses count? I love my roses.
- Crafting – I have a cupboard full of objects for this!
- Books – I love reading. We have LOTS of books.
- My office – TRH (The Retired Husband) made it for me for my 60th. It’s a treasured gift full of objects I love.
- Candles, crystals, incense – my home is full of them
♥ 7 colours
- Purple – such a rich, royal colour
- Indigo – it’s softer cousin
- Blue – well, I did choose it for my 2018 header
- Green – vibrant, lush, growth and life
- Pinks – of all hues. It’s the colour of the Heart chakra and Love. It’s gotta be good!
- Red – just ‘cos
- Yellow – sunshine
♥ 7 places
- My home – of course!
- The beach – watching the waves pounding on the shore.
- Rainforest – such a calming, soothing place
- Being with family – wherever they may live
- My bed – cosy and restful
- My shower/sauna – the best
- Travelling – exploring and visiting new places
© Raili Tanska
Be true to yourself