There has been a lot of talk on the blogosphere about goals recently. I guess that’s to be expected given that it’s not long since we leapt into the New Year.
People are posing questions:
- What is your goal/s for 2017?
- What do you want to achieve with your blog?
- What does success actually mean to you ?
- Is it wealth, happiness, love, a new job ?
- How will you know you have achieved what you set out to do ?
I gave up on New Years resolutions a long time ago. I’d think about them, write them out, file away them neatly. And promptly forget about them. All a pointless exercise really.
But I’ve decided on one for 2017 (and for as long as necessary beyond). I’m going to focus on peace. In ways that are not overwhelming or too hard to do. In sustainable ways. In small daily steps. Each one is a step in the right direction.
So how will I go about doing this ? Well, for starters –
- I will pray for peace
- I will meditate for peace
- I will include a peace quote in each blog post
- I will do my very best to live a life that reflects peace and its principles
How will I know it has been successful ?
When peace prevails.
I can’t do this on my own.
Will you join me – in any way you can ?
© Raili Tanska
Steps for Peace
Peace is the marriage of the people and the planet, with all attendant vows — Anonymous
Written in response to Sandbox Challenge 75
Image – Pixabay